350g Plain Flour
2tsp Ground Ginger
1tsp Bicarnonate of Soda
175g Soft Light Brown Sugar
4tbsp Golden Syrup
1) Preheat Oven to 190degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 5
2) Put the Flour, Ginger and Soda into a bowl and rub in the butter.
3) Add the Sugar and Stir in the Syrup and Egg to make a dough.
4) Roll the Dough out with rolling pin to about 5mm thick and using a shape cutter, cut out the shapes.
5) Place the shapes onto some grease proof baking paper, and pop in the fridge for 20 mins.
(This will set the dough and prevent the shapes from mis shaping while baking)
6) Place in the Oven and bake for 10-12 mins
7) Take out of the Oven and cool on a rack before decorating.